We applaud and encourage the achievements of our students. The College is proud to foster a culture where excellence is valued and each child is free to
achieve in their chosen area at the highest possible level.
Our ’whole child’ approach to education is reflected in part by our students’ achievements across a broad range of areas. These are just a handful of
many outstanding recent results of our young people:
- In 2017 and 2018, Nowra Anglican College was deservedly named the top performing school across the Shoalhaven and South Coast based on our overall
- Some particularly outstanding individual results in 2018 included Dan Bardsley-Divina with the highest ATAR of 97.7 and ranked 2nd in the state for
Entertainment Industry; Will Davies a Year 11 student, for receiving 100% in Mathematics and ranking 4th in the state; and many excellent Band
6 marks, which continued our upward trend of significant growth in many subject areas.
- Our strategies of providing mentors for each Year 12 student, a focus on applying the “Ten Percent on Top” principle to student achievement, and our
focus on student well-being and maintaining high expectations are working, with our students flourishing in their attitude, skills and performance.
- In 2018 Ethan Munn was nominated for Artexpress for his exceptional Visual Art Major Work titled “Beautiful Mistakes”.
- Luke Huard was nominated for the Shape exhibition for his exemplary work in Design and Technology, and received a Band 6 in this subject in 2018.
- Margaux D’Ament was also nominated in 2018 for the Shape exhibition for her exceptional Design and Technology Major Work.
Performing Arts achievements
- In 2018 Jeremy Lindsay excelled in Music Extension 1 receiving a mark of 49/50. Jeremy was also nominated for the highly acclaimed Encore concert for
his exemplary music performance.
- We are delighted to see NAC student, Sebastien Riou, named 2018 Kiama Youth Member, participating in this year’s YMCA NSW Youth Parliament Program.