Congratulations Year 12! Students in Year 12, 2019 have achieved a magnificent set of Higher School Certificate results which is very much in keeping with
the excellent standards consistently recorded by our students over many years.
We are proud of the way our students have worked together in their Collegian years. The culture of thinking and learning they have fostered, together with
the resilience they have developed will hold them in great stead as they enter life beyond school. Our school is also identified as one with outstanding
academic “value add” allowing all students at all levels to achieve their best.
There has been much to celebrate with a considerable number of Band 6 results achieved by many students across a wide number of subjects. Staff are incredibly
proud of the achievements of all of our students who have demonstrated exceptional commitment, resilience and perseverance in their studies.
Subjects where students performed particularly strongly include:
- Mathematics (including Extension 1 and 2)
- Personal Development Health and Physical Education
- Visual Arts
- History Extension
- Entertainment Industry
- Chemistry, and
Of particular mention are the achievements of Will Davies who achieved an ATAR of 99.25. Will achieved marks of 98 in Mathematics Extension 2, 99 in Mathematics
Extension 1, 94 in Physics and 93 in Chemistry. This is a phenomenal achievement. Will was also an integral member of the College Prefect team.
The achievements of Troy and Jack Sweet should also be highlighted with these two Year 10 students achieving 46/50 in Mathematics Extension 1 in an accelerated
program. Year 11 student Ben Weir, has also achieved highly in Entertainment Industry, achieving 93 in his accelerated program of study.
In keeping with our tradition of a strong culture of achievement in the Creative and Performing arts, a number of students have received accolades for
their major works in Drama, Visual Arts and Entertainment Industry. Congratulations go in particular to Georgia Mitchell (96) and Mia Stewart (93)
for their outstanding results in Drama. Mia has also achieved a Band 6 result in Entertainment Industry.
In Visual Arts, the major works have contributed to the high achievements of our students with Samantha Legzdin and Samuel Parker achieving Band 6 results.
The results in History Extension were also strong with excellent results by Cordelia Ewers (47/50) and Georgia Mitchell, (46/50).
Sophie Emery has achieved highly in her results achieving a Band 6 in Personal Development, Health and Physical Education. Sophie was also the first student
to undertake the new Science Extension course, achieving highly.
As a school, we acknowledge and celebrate the efforts of this fantastic group of young men and women. We wish them God’s richest blessings and guidance
for their life beyond school. As a group they have demonstrated a strong commitment to achieve their best and to support each other. This commitment
was not only limited to their academic results, but they have maintained a strong commitment to a range of sporting, musical, service and performance-based
activities. They have led our College well and we look forward to hearing of their further successes in the years ahead.
Starting with the top row then left to right...
- Will Davies achieved the highest ATAR in the College with a result of 99.25. He achieved Band 6/E4 results in Mathematics Extension 1 and
Extension 2, Physics and Chemistry.
- Georgia Mitchell achieved highly across all subject areas attaining an ATAR of 91. Georgia excelled particularly in Drama with an outstanding
result of 96 and History Extension 46/50.
- School Captain, Samantha Legzdin achieved a Band 6 result in Visual Arts.
- Samuel Parker achieved a Band 6 result in Visual Arts.
- Sophie Emery achieved highly in all subject areas including Band 6 results in Personal Development, Health and Physical Education.
- Cordelia Ewers achieved an E4 in History Extension 1 with a result of 47/50.
- Mia Stewart achieved Band 6 results in Drama and Entertainment Industry.
- Ben Weir Year 11 student achieved 93 in Entertainment Industry.
- Congratulations to Year 10 students Jack Sweet and Troy Sweet who are following an accelerated pattern of study in Mathematics –
both achieved E4.
2019 Year 12 students with staff at their HSC Morning tea.