There are three attendance scenarios for Remote Learning:
- Your child is participating in remote learning onsite
- Your child is participating in remote learning offsite
- Your child is sick and and unable to participate in remote learning at all
Please download Remote Learning – Attendance to
understand how each scenario needs to be handled differently in our database/parent portal. There is a difference between official attendance records
and participation in the remote learning lessons. We are required by the Department of Education and Communities to maintain attendance records. In
addition, teachers are monitoring student participation and engagement in lessons. This is the “Roll Call” on CANVAS and SeeSaw, which is simply a
response prompted by the teacher.
We remind families that the College Code of Conduct and other College Policies apply at all times during Remote Learning.
The Anglican Schools Corporation has sent through updated advice on the way the roll will be marked at school and this will change the way absences are
currently being recorded in the Parent Portal. The following roll marking process has commenced at the College:
- If the student is physically at school, the student will be marked as PRESENT. No action required by parents/carers.
- If the student is connected online, the student will be marked as OTHER ACTIVITY (this will automatically apply the relevant F code).
You will no longer receive an absence message via text or have to provide an absence reason through the NAC App or Parent Portal.
- If the student is not at school and not connected online, the student will be marked as ABSENT. Notification will be sent to parents/carers
as usual and a reason for absence will be required via the Parent Portal or App.